Saxophone Forum

by Micah
(5 posts)
6 years ago

Dave Guardala

So in my hunt for a tenor mouthpiece I found some controversy surrounding his name. If anyone could give me a history lesson on him that would be awesome. Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (808 posts)

6 years ago

Re: Dave Guardala

Just Google him and you'll hear about his legal problems. I don't know if he is a crook or not, but his MBll tenor sax mouthpieces are really great......Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by chalazon
      (547 posts)

6 years ago

he did make great pieces in his heyday..

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
        (808 posts)

6 years ago

Is there something wrong with his newer mouthpieces? I know they are cheaper to buy now. Anyway, My next mouthpiece purchase will be a Jody......Kelsey
        Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by kelsey
        (808 posts)

6 years ago

Is there something wrong with his newer mouthpieces? I know they are cheaper to buy now. Anyway, My next mouthpiece purchase will be a Jody......Kelsey
        Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Micah
          (5 posts)

6 years ago

Nothing is supposed to be wrong with them they are actually supposed to be very nice. Just not handmade anymore... I tried the all of the Jody Jazzes didn't have much of a tone. Hoping for better luck with a Gaurdala.

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
          (808 posts)

6 years ago

I am happy with my Guardala tenor mouthpiece but am wanting to ty
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

3. by kelsey
          (808 posts)

6 years ago

I am happy with my Guardala tenor mouthpiece but I've been looking at the Jody DV for my alto. Good luck with the Guardala..........Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

4. by Micah
          (5 posts)

6 years ago

Hope i like mine too, good luck with the DV I've heard some mean lead players on a DV.

Reply To Post

5. by saxxsymbol
          (217 posts)

6 years ago

I use the DV on alto and tenor. Very versatile piece. Can play very soft and very loud and still retain its core tone. Players I have played with for years noticed a difference in my tone and said that my tone was better now. I have asthma and chronic bronchitis and sometimes struggle with enough air for a good tone. Large chamber mouthpieces just do not work for me. I don't have the air. The DV for me has been the answer for the tone I was looking for. I get asked often now by players I have just met what my set up is while they compliment me on my sound. I originally bought the DV's while still playing Z yamahas and it was an improvement, when I went to SG horns it was an even bigger leap forward. I think asthmatics need high baffle, low resisitance pieces to compensate for less air volume.

Reply To Post