Saxophone Forum

by bazooka_sax
(2 posts)
5 years ago

Best Bari Sax For Jazz

Hi im a bari player and i am looking to buy a horn for my freshman yr in college and i would like a horn that is great for jazz and a horn that is good enough to last me through my playing carer, as i am going into jazz performance. Please post your suggestions, comments and experiences. (i am a very aggressive player and try to emulate Nick Brignola in my playing)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxxsymbol
    (217 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Best Bari Sax For Jazz

The Yamaha 62 is the accepted standard by which all other modern horns are judged. Response, intonation, ergonmics, speed of action , build quality and reputation are all outstanding. They also hold their value very well. Tha being said I play a Steve Goodson Bari that rivals the Yamaha. Other pros I know who have tried them also report that these are truly great horns built to last. Don't know if any are availalabe now though.

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
      (547 posts)

5 years ago

yanigasawa makes a great bari..the bronze model is truley a kickin' horn..also, ya can't beat the yamaha 62's....Phil Barone makes a GREAT bari piece..sounds like Cuber..

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
        (653 posts)

5 years ago

yamaha 62 for modern conn 12m for vintage those are pretty much the accepted "best"

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

5 years ago

thaaaats Right!

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
          (793 posts)

5 years ago

Cuber, you are right again...........Kelsey