Saxophone Forum

by saxophonist_104
(148 posts)
15 years ago

College Band

Hello all! Wish me luck! I've got an audition coming up on Mar 7! I would also love to join the jazz band, but I've never been in a jazz band. What's it like? I'm not too nervous about being in a college band; people will actually DO stuff for the director. Maybe I'm a little nervous about the size b/c my current band size is 15 members. IDK. Gimme some feedback, y'all!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

15 years ago

Re: College Band

Relax, Janie and you will do great. Just look at it as the 13th grade...............Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by IanM06
    (4 posts)

15 years ago

Hope your audition went well. I think its safe to say you'll be pleasantly surprised what a college band can do, especially against a 15-piece band. Don't let the size intimidate you either. In fact, they're generally a lot of fun. One thing I will say: Show up on time for rehearsal, and if you can't make it, get a sub. As far as jazz bands, I won't spoil the fun... but I'll leave you with this warning... fraternize with the drummer at your own risk!

Reply To Post

1. by saxophonist_104
      (148 posts)

15 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement!! I was accepted into the band and I'm really excited about joining the jazz ensemble. Thanks for the advice on the drummer, Ian, but you're a lil' late cuz one of my friends is a drummer (and the ONLY one out of our band who can read music!!)

Reply To Post