Saxophone Forum

by saxophonist_104
(148 posts)
6 years ago

College Band

Hello all! Wish me luck! I've got an audition coming up on Mar 7! I would also love to join the jazz band, but I've never been in a jazz band. What's it like? I'm not too nervous about being in a college band; people will actually DO stuff for the director. Maybe I'm a little nervous about the size b/c my current band size is 15 members. IDK. Gimme some feedback, y'all!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (807 posts)

6 years ago

Re: College Band

Relax, Janie and you will do great. Just look at it as the 13th grade...............Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by IanM06
    (4 posts)

5 years ago

Hope your audition went well. I think its safe to say you'll be pleasantly surprised what a college band can do, especially against a 15-piece band. Don't let the size intimidate you either. In fact, they're generally a lot of fun. One thing I will say: Show up on time for rehearsal, and if you can't make it, get a sub. As far as jazz bands, I won't spoil the fun... but I'll leave you with this warning... fraternize with the drummer at your own risk!

Reply To Post

1. by saxophonist_104
      (148 posts)

5 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement!! I was accepted into the band and I'm really excited about joining the jazz ensemble. Thanks for the advice on the drummer, Ian, but you're a lil' late cuz one of my friends is a drummer (and the ONLY one out of our band who can read music!!)

Reply To Post