Saxophone Forum

by staguk
(10 posts)
15 years ago

Mauriat Saxaphones

Can someone please tell me if Mauriat Saxophones are indeed French or made in Asia. many thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Mauriat Saxaphones

Great horns made in Asia.............Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by staguk
      (10 posts)

15 years ago

Thank you Kelsey.

Reply To Post

1. by basssaxman88
        (68 posts)

15 years ago

Tried one, they sound like a student model made for schools. BUT, it also depends on each horn. Every horn is different. There could be a couple worthy of professional quality

Reply To Post

1. by staguk
          (10 posts)

15 years ago

Thank you Basssaxman. I am very taken with there looks but as we know its all about the sound. Looks like my journey to find the right Sax goes on!. Regards Chris.

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

15 years ago

Chris, don't be so easily discouraged as far as the Cannonball Saxes go. They make student model horns as well as professional horns. Before you decide to take someones advice here at saxquest, look at their community profile, that way you'll know of the experience of the advice giver..............Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

3. by staguk
          (10 posts)

15 years ago

Thank you once again Kelsey. It's not that i am discouraged just perhaps confused with all the sales hype, I am just a normal working chap and its a big expense so i want to get it right and find a horn that will stay with me through life and give me pleasure. I am sure you know what i mean and i will follow your advice and look at the community profile and the advice giver. Regards Chris.

Reply To Post

4. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

15 years ago

The P Mauriats or the Cannonballs are both great new horns. (which I occasionally mix up) They are not too expensive, and along with the Yamaha model 62lls or the 82zs I can reccomend them............Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

5. by basssaxman88
          (68 posts)

15 years ago

Well, good luck in finding a new horn. The Yamaha YTS-23 is my favorite for tenors-easy action and fun to play. You need very little breath to get this horn moving.

Reply To Post

6. by cuber
          (653 posts)

15 years ago

remember- when trying new instruments, dont believe anything anybody tells you. only believe what you hear.

Reply To Post

7. by staguk
          (10 posts)

15 years ago

Cuber, kelsey , and basssaxman88 Thank you for your input i shall follow the advice. Regards Chris.

Reply To Post