Saxophone Forum

by blog234
(14 posts)
20 years ago

I just got into Music IB and...

they require you to play 15 minutes of music. I only was in jazz band one year( and the music the teacher chose was kinda dull) so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what music would be good for a tenor saxophonist.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxgrobie
    (86 posts)

20 years ago

Re: I just got into Music IB and...

IB as in International Baccalaureate? I'm in it and we don't have an IB music at my school, no fair . . . OK well, since I've never even heard of an IB music, there is not much I can reccomend, except that you should probably try different stuff that shows off your range and abilities. Different styles and stuff. Not just all boring corrals. Sorry I couldn't help more. Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by barimachine
      (323 posts)

20 years ago

is it jazz 15 minutes is nothing one song can last that long but the jazz real book has all the stuff

Reply To Post

1. by chiamac
        (586 posts)

20 years ago

it's all about the 30 min jam session... (see miles davis, pink floyd, phish, and the dead) or you could pick 3 songs or styles to high light your playing. mine would be; black nile, 'round midnight (played with a edge), and witch hunt. (just off the top of my head)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by blog234
      (14 posts)

20 years ago

ya, international baccalaureate, or however u spell it. I switched into it last minute and was excited, because alot of people in IB are in band, but alas, there are only 3 people in the class. LOL!

Reply To Post

2. by Redsax
    (27 posts)

20 years ago

If certain music is not required, go to your local music store and ask to look at their sheet music catalog...I ordered Dire Straits "Your Latest Trick" and Steely Dan's "Home at Last" both are available for Tenor, and are great recital pieces.

Reply To Post Yahoo!