Saxophone Forum

by Jmay
(3 posts)
15 years ago

Wish to be informed

Hello...I am currently in the process of trying to sell my used Yamaha YAS-23 which I used to play in high school. It has been in storage since I played and it really is in pretty good condition. There are a few minor scratches, but other than that everything looks good. Pads, neck etc...I am curious as to what a sax such as this may go for used or if anyone is aware of somewhere I could take it to get an appraisal on it. I do not want to sell it to someone without doing some research. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by basssaxman88
    (68 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Wish to be informed

sell it for no less than $250.00. There have been a lot of YAS-23, YTS-23, and YBS-23's made in the last several years. The price would be low bc it's a student horn.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

15 years ago

probably anywhere between 500 and 750, depending on the market for saxes in your area

Reply To Post

1. by Jmay
        (3 posts)

15 years ago

Thank you guys for your advice. I really wasn't sure of where to go with it and it is such a beautiful instrument. It needs to be played and I just don't have the time anymore.

Reply To Post

1. by MarkLavelle
          (300 posts)

15 years ago

I know I'm coming in late here, but I agree that $500 is probably the minimum if it's "ready to play."

Reply To Post

2. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

15 years ago

yuo'll be lucky to get $500..

Reply To Post

3. by cuber
          (653 posts)

15 years ago

but new they are around 1500, so im sure there is some beginner somewhere that doesnt want to pay 500.

Reply To Post