Saxophone Forum

by Jmay
(3 posts)
6 years ago

Wish to be informed

Hello...I am currently in the process of trying to sell my used Yamaha YAS-23 which I used to play in high school. It has been in storage since I played and it really is in pretty good condition. There are a few minor scratches, but other than that everything looks good. Pads, neck etc...I am curious as to what a sax such as this may go for used or if anyone is aware of somewhere I could take it to get an appraisal on it. I do not want to sell it to someone without doing some research. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by basssaxman88
    (68 posts)

6 years ago

Re: Wish to be informed

sell it for no less than $250.00. There have been a lot of YAS-23, YTS-23, and YBS-23's made in the last several years. The price would be low bc it's a student horn.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

6 years ago

probably anywhere between 500 and 750, depending on the market for saxes in your area

Reply To Post

1. by Jmay
        (3 posts)

6 years ago

Thank you guys for your advice. I really wasn't sure of where to go with it and it is such a beautiful instrument. It needs to be played and I just don't have the time anymore.

Reply To Post

1. by MarkLavelle
          (300 posts)

6 years ago

I know I'm coming in late here, but I agree that $500 is probably the minimum if it's "ready to play."

Reply To Post

2. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

6 years ago

yuo'll be lucky to get $500..

Reply To Post

3. by cuber
          (653 posts)

6 years ago

but new they are around 1500, so im sure there is some beginner somewhere that doesnt want to pay 500.

Reply To Post