Saxophone Forum

by kelsey
(930 posts)
15 years ago

Zoom H2

I just bought a Zoom H2 recorder last week and have been recorking my gigs, also I recorded a 7 piece rehearsal band. Dudes, it's really great! I just put it on a mike stand in the front of my band, or smack in the middle of the rehearsal band I play with and get unbelievable results. It runs great on batteries and is really small. It will be a permanent fixture in my horn case from now on................Kelsey

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Zoom H2

PS.......I haven't been recorking anything, just another typing error......................Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by newreedsyndrome
      (343 posts)

15 years ago

yea man, those are fantastic. im gonna try to record an album on my h4 this summer

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

15 years ago

I'm going to record everything I do and download it to my computer for editing. Eventually I should have enough stuff for a really good album. (or at least some good demos) I am experimenting with mike placement. (where to put the recorder as the mikes are built in) The recorder will do it's part, and it's so portable and easy to use. I'm taking it to a Jam session tonight. I have worked in a recording studio as a writer and a producer so I'm not new to recording. I am really impressed with this little $180. masterpiece. And no, I'm not selling them, I'm just a pro musician playing for my supper.................Kelsey
        Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by DavidFreeman
          (11 posts)

15 years ago

Very cool. I was recording everything for a while. I think it made a huge difference on gigs. I realized some things I thought I was doing did not sound good. Eventually, I was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff i was editing. That slowed me down a bit.

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

15 years ago

Right, nothing is forever. So far I don't think it's slowing me down, but I can see how it might after a while. Right now I'm just really into it..........Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

3. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

14 years ago

An update on the Zoom recorders. They now come with a remote which will save having to go to the recorder everytime to start or stop recording. I should have waited!!!..........Still a good deal anyway..........me
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM