Saxophone Forum

by sirmarkus2
(11 posts)
15 years ago

What Saxes should I carry at my store?

Ive played saxophone for 14 years and am the B&O rep at my store. The program is new and I dont know what horns I should really carry. Because of the area and other stores I am not able to carry Yamaha, Yanigisawa, Cannonball, or Mauriat. I personally play on a Cannonball Big Bell Bari and sop, and a Yamaha EX Alto. Im thinking of Jupiter, but what are your ideas?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chalazon
    (547 posts)

15 years ago

Re: What Saxes should I carry at my store?

when I first came across the Jupiters in the early nineties, they were pretty sorry horns..over the years the quality of their instruments has increased to the point that today they are a very respectable brand. The Jupiter student flutes hold their own with any brand and are better than most..the saxophones are a decent student horn,m and the step ups are very nice, indeed. Their brass horns are now very nice. Repair parts are readily available, and customer service is excellent. I've been repairing horns professionally for over twenty years..I have very few predjudices, and am not that easily impressed..you could do well to look into this brand, and oh yeah, y'all are welcome to disagree with me.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

15 years ago

Re: What Saxes should I carry at my store?

selmer? jupiters have gotten nicer in the last little bit, probably in response to the super-cheap chinese horns.

Reply To Post