Saxophone Forum

by Ivan Meyer Brazil
(14 posts)
15 years ago

How to play sax in 60 minutes. English subtitles-Prof.Ivan Meyer

This video has helped many to start the saxophone, learning to mouth and play a song in 60 minutes the beautiful "Summer Time". Thanks Ivan Meyer Obs: This video has 07 parts, going up to the parties that finish the subtitles in English. Subtitles in youtube can be activated by pressing the button (like a arrow) at the right lower corner of video. For more information , see youtube help. PART I [YOUTUBE]Qs5-NMG-u60[/YOUTUBE] PART II [YOUTUBE]50A33kB6GOs[/YOUTUBE] PART III [YOUTUBE]nrsYYg_y0xM[/YOUTUBE] PART IV [YOUTUBE]zt_SQiZ4GM8[/YOUTUBE] PART V [YOUTUBE]bEz6mZ3dg4c[/YOUTUBE] PART VI [YOUTUBE]KLFe-tbGN8Y[/YOUTUBE] PART VII [YOUTUBE]w21OeTFqo88[/YOUTUBE]

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Ivan Meyer Brazil
    (14 posts)

15 years ago

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

15 years ago

Re: How to play sax in 60 minutes. English subtitles-Prof.Ivan Meyer

What a totally bunch of crap...........Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Ivan Meyer Brazil
        (14 posts)

15 years ago

Thank you very much! Listen to my sound: www.ivanmeyer.com/audiovideo.html

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

15 years ago

I sound better than you, but it took me longer than 60 minutes..............Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by Ivan Meyer Brazil
          (14 posts)

15 years ago

Yes, you are better than me, I compare myself to you! I play oboe, Violoncello, flutes and saxophones professionally and I am also luthier. Already played in several countries. I am here to exchange information and to help those who know less than you. I am not here to compare me with anyone, just put this video to help those who want to start playing the saxophone and are not a teacher. I hope I can help! Below some videos where I'm playing other instruments, I hope you like! And I would also like to see him playing! I playing oboe www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHoK60juJ5I&feature=channel_page I playing violoncello www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDawgmQdI_E&feature=channel_page I playing flauta doce - Saint Preux Concert www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdOvgJaS0K0&feature=channel_page I playing flauta doce - Blues Charlie Parker www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRPrXS4-feY&feature=channel_page I playing flauta doce - My favorite Things - Jazz www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NAycFwepHY&feature=channel_page I playing Oboe Jazz - Arabian www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwxD_LA9Ew&feature=channel_page I playing Alto Classic Saxofone - Eugene Bozza www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuUPN1jL_e0&feature=channel_page I playing Tenor Saxofone Big Band - Solo Jazz www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyzFVRcXMCc I playing Tenor Saxofone- Altissimo Multiphonics www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHcst0WoEDA&feature=channel_page I playing Sinphonic Orchestra Oboe and Cello www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAdQZVQ0GL4&feature=channel_page I playing Alto Sax - My Romance - Jazz Pop www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O7EnFrl-io&feature=channel_page I playing Tenor Sax - Misty - jazz www.youtube.com/watch?v=41D47NqZMm8&feature=channel_page Mr Kelsey, I love to meet him playing and also be your friend! Thanks Ivan Meyer

Reply To Post

3. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

15 years ago

You are OK Ivan...........Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

4. by Ivan Meyer Brazil
          (14 posts)

15 years ago

Ok ???? Mr Kelsey, I love to meet him playing and also be your friend! Thanks Ivan Meyer

Reply To Post

5. by Ivan Meyer Brazil
          (14 posts)

15 years ago

Kelsey : ) ???????

Reply To Post

6. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

15 years ago

OK=Good
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

7. by Ivan Meyer Brazil
          (14 posts)

15 years ago

What a totally bunch of crap...........Kelsey

Reply To Post

8. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

15 years ago

Ivan, do you speak English? The way your add reads, you can teach someone to play sax with your videos in 60 minutes. Now we both know that's a bunch of crap. It takes more time that 60 minutes. It's false advertizing. Get with a friend who speaks English well and just rename your product. Your playing is OK, and you sound like a good guy, you want to be my friend, I would like to share the bandstand with you too...........Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

9. by Ivan Meyer Brazil
          (14 posts)

15 years ago

Kelsey, I want to be your friend and for all. This video is very famous in Brazil, has more than 100,000 views on Youtube. Many saxophonists asked me to put subtitles in English and Spanish. This video is to help those who have no teacher, there are many students who do not have the opportunity to take lessons with a teacher and this video helps the beginner with correct information. This video has helped thousands to start studying the saxophone. As a teacher I have other videos on the art of jazz joint, repair of instruments, etc.. I do it to help those who have no teachers and no able to do a course on saxophone, this is free and a way to pass on what I learned in my life. Below are some videos that I put subtitles in English and Spanish, because the videos are in Portuguese. I study English and I speak Spanish and Portuguese. A big hug, my friend! JAZZ ARTICULATION ( - > ^ ) AVANCED www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS3KBkzNRTA&feature=related SUMMERTIME - VIDEOKÊ www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko1g6rleqbY AS TIME GOES BY - With articulation ( - > ^) www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRhIS_k-XQ Kelsey, you will be singer like to see that teaching these exercises to saxophonists www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynrlZUY_Cfw Thakns your Friend in the Brazil :) Ivan Meyer www.ivanmeyer.com

Reply To Post

10. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

15 years ago

Ivan, I'm sure your videos are terrific. It's just misleading for English speaking people when the original title is "Learn how to play sax in 60 minutes". We both know that's impossible......Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

11. by Ivan Meyer Brazil
          (14 posts)

15 years ago

Kelsey, is not impossible to play a song in 60 minutes:) Comments on Youtube has a lot of people who had never played sax and watched this video, learn to play Summertime, chromatic scale and then studying and many now work as saxophonist. Believe you can play a saxophone but in 60 minutes, playing a song. This video is to help those who will initiate the study of the sax, where in 60 minutes learn how to make the mouth of the sax and play a song. That leaves people very happy and lively in STUDYING THE SAXOPHONE therefore has many compliments:) If you had started me play in less than 60 minutes for sure. :) Ivan Meyer

Reply To Post

12. by cuber
          (653 posts)

15 years ago

learning how to play a song and leaning how to play an instrument are VERY different.

Reply To Post

13. by Ivan Meyer Brazil
          (14 posts)

15 years ago

Okay, I understand what they are explaining! Here in Brazil, where we believe sax playing: playing a song on sax. How do you think should be the title? Example: How to play sax on a song in 60 minutes. In the violoncello is impossible to play a song in 60 minutes, but the oboe, is impossible. But for our happiness in the sax can play more than one song in 60 minutes. There is a big difference in being a musician and play music! To play an instrument well, it takes many years, mainly violoncello, oboe, trumpet, violin, etc.. Saxophone is a little easier, as well as the sweet flute, you can play music on an instrument after 60 minutes of training. This is the idea of the video, which helps many people to lose their fear of playing saxophone, thinking is a very difficult instrument. Difficult even in the U.S.A. was winning football yesterday! :) It was not easy! Thanks Ivan Meyer

Reply To Post

14. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

15 years ago

You might say: Excellant teacher and expert videos designed to teach you quickly how to play the saxophone. Good luck Ivan. You are a good guy and deserve a chance..........Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

15. by Ivan Meyer Brazil
          (14 posts)

15 years ago

Thanks Kelsey! I am no longer boy because I have 45 years of age. I'm almost using wig! As any musician working with marriages, see, that this interesting video at the end of the video I play "Just Friends" I dedicate to you! Just Friends for Kelsey www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGTCMHixE6I Kelsey, when you come to Brazil, I will take him on my farm for saxophone touch with their feet in the water:) When this much heat is the solution. www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_q73t1h_eM Thanks Ivan Meyer

Reply To Post