Saxophone Forum

by basssaxman88
(68 posts)
15 years ago

SAXQUEST IS FOR SAXOPHONE TALK ONLY

I believe this website was initially to help parents / students / teachers / professors / and professionals along with each of their knowledge of saxophones. Obviously, this forum has had an array of other distractions. Now back to the subject of saxophones. Who has or know of someone who has a bass saxophone for sale? I have $1,400.00 USD saved up for one so far. Please respond and thank you for your time.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by basssaxman88
    (68 posts)

15 years ago

Re: SAXQUEST IS FOR SAXOPHONE TALK ONLY

Also, would anyone know how much a C.G.Conn C Melody sell for? Having " SN# 6,7** " and in almost mint condition? Yes the micro tuner works, the cork on the neck is original, all parts are original and the horn has only had 2 previous owners.

Reply To Post

2. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

15 years ago

Hello Basssaxman, Keep saving, as you will need at least $8,000 and up for a Bass sax, vintage (plus any repairs, repad work, adjustment etc.). New, the cheapest Asian made one currently available from International Woodwinds is $9,499.00, and a new Selmer or Keilwerth goes very near the $20,000 price range. Not a cheap proposition. Regarding the Conn C-Melody New Wonder model; A proper and accurate valuation can't be made without, a the very least, proper photos to illustrate it's condition, finish etc. C-Melodies don't fetch high prices in general however. A safe middle ground would be in the $250 to $500 ball park for a very fine, original condition example.

Reply To Post

1. by haduran
      (52 posts)

15 years ago

Mike is on the money based upon my experience. Even the old whipped ones clearly requiring lot's of work seem to be in the 6K range. Then there's the daunting prospect of shipping the thing from where it is to where you are. I've been looking for years- so even if I find one at a good price I'll take it! Good luck though- Henry

Reply To Post

3. by saxall60
    (29 posts)

15 years ago

... and not only Conn saxophones !

Reply To Post

1. by basssaxman88
      (68 posts)

15 years ago

Well, I took a polishing cloth to it today, and if anyone would like to see some photos I'll email them to you.

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
        (575 posts)

15 years ago

If you email them to me, I'll try to help you evaluate the horn. Cheers.

Reply To Post

1. by basssaxman88
          (68 posts)

15 years ago

just sent them. [email protected] is the email I found on your webpage.

Reply To Post