Saxophone Forum

by lilyblue
(4 posts)
14 years ago

New to forum

Hi, I am new to the forum. I do not own a saxophone but would like to purchase one. I have been doing some research on the right kind to buy but it has been overwhelming and confusing. If anyone has any advice for me I would appreciate it. Thank you, Lilyblue

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Matt...
    (3 posts)

14 years ago

Re: New to forum

My advice would be just to try things out. The best saxophone for me may not be the best for you. You have to try it for yourself. I do, however, advise you to stick close to the following brands: Selmer Yamaha Yanagisawa Keilworth Jupiter Conn I, myself, highly recommend a Selmer or a Yamaha, they are my favorites. I also like Keilworth, they are German-made with dense metal that makes for a wonderful crisp sound. Yanagisawa is another fine saxophone manufacturer but I'm not a fan. Lots of people like them and think they're the best. I've only played a few but I like Selmer and Yamaha much better. Jupiter and Conn are a few more well-known saxophone manufacturers but I find the others to be much nicer. This is all a matter of opinion. Like I said before, it's all about how you feel. Pick the one you like best. Also, what kind of sax are you interested in purchasing? Sincerely, Matt

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

14 years ago

Welcome to the site, and playing sax in general. id suggest a Yamaha or a Selmer. they are the easiest to learn on, and everything else made today will be very similar to these. be careful about selmers though, make sure it was made in PARIS, FRANCE. not the US.

Reply To Post

1. by Matt...
        (3 posts)

14 years ago

Yeah, that's what I would do. I like Selmer & Yamaha best. Best regards, Matt

Reply To Post

2. by lilyblue
      (4 posts)

14 years ago

I am interested in getting an alto sax, from what I have read that is the best to start with since I am a beginner. I would enjoy playing jazz, blues, and contemporary. Thank you so much for your advice. Sincerely, Lilyblue

Reply To Post