Saxophone Forum

by dread.pirate.veritas
(2 posts)
14 years ago

Conn Saxophone

I found an old Conn Eb at an antique store... I was curious about how old it is and if it is rare or not. The serial is 725941, it is gold with silver keys and pearl inlay. The design around the logo is fireworks and stars, it says Conn USA on it. Any ideas???

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Conn Saxophone

What you have there is a Conn "Director" model, often nick named "Shooting Star" due to the engraving pattern. This one was made around 1958/1959, and although very much a student grade horn, this vintage is better than later ones. I wouldn't pay more than a few hundred dollars for it, in fine, playable condition with good pads. It if needs a lot of work such as a complete repad, I'd limit the value to below $250.00.

Reply To Post

1. by dread.pirate.veritas
      (2 posts)

14 years ago

Thanks a ton! The guy is selling it for $125 and i thought it might be nice. I had an old Selmer Bundee II that i gave to a young girl who had hers stolen and i was looking for a new alto. It does need a repad, but otherwise looks good.

Reply To Post

2. by cdlavalle
      (1 post)

14 years ago

Any chance you can help me figure out what my Conn tenor sax is worth? Serial number is N 122958. If you don't mind, perhaps you can send me an email at [email protected] Thanks, Chris

Reply To Post