Saxophone Forum

by Kymp
(1 post)
14 years ago

Old Saxaphone in the attic-is it worthwhile getting it repaired and how old might it be?

Good morning! I am new to this forum and hope that your experiences in the music/ saxaphone industry can help me please. My oldest son wishes to learn the sax at school, and his grandfather presented him with a sax, that had been stored away for years. None of us have music knowledge and I am hoping you can advise me if repair is worthwhile. It has the following markings engraved on the bell of the sax: Exposition Universelle De Paris- 1910, Hors Concours, Membre Du Jury, Couesnon & Cie, Fournisseurs, Des Beaux-Arts,Du Conservatoire National et De L' Armee, 94 Rue D'Angouleme, Paris. No: 38160; 24(in a circle below), Contest model, Class A, Allan's Melbourne. it is silver in colour, and has a tiny 495 embossed in the shaft of the sax. Would you be able to tell from this info the type of sax it is too? i thank you for any info you can provide my way about this beautiful looking sax! Cheers, Kym

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Old Saxaphone in the attic-is it worthwhile getting it repaired and how old might it be?

I'm sorry, I can tell you nothing about that particular saxophone, but I can give some advice. Take it to a reputable repair shop and ask. Most will tell you if it's worth fixing, and may even give you an estimate before doing any work at all.

Reply To Post