Saxophone Forum

by joe812119
(18 posts)
5 years ago

BERG LARSEN MOUTHPIECE

Hello im looking for a little information. i recently got a hold of a berg larsen stainless steel mouthpiece, i believe it is a duck bill style, stamped on it is 85 #2 M, I couldnt believe what a great sound i was getting. ive always used a otto link 7*, hard rubber but when i researched the berg larsen, it seems that this is an alto mouthpiece, I play tenor and the sax this came off was also a tenor. does anyone know if this is a tenor mouthpiece thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by newreedsyndrome
    (343 posts)

5 years ago

Re: BERG LARSEN MOUTHPIECE

if you played on it and got a great sound, how can you not know what voice of saxophone it is meant for? What did you play it on?

Reply To Post

1. by joe812119
      (18 posts)

5 years ago

i played it on a friends martin tenor, but when i looked up the mouthpieces online it showed it as an alto mouthpiece

Reply To Post

2. by peter090
    (155 posts)

5 years ago

The numbers don't have anything to do with whether it is an alto or tenor piece. 85 is the tip opening #2 specifies baffle height and M is the facing length. Assuming the piece hasn't been modified compared to your link this has a smaller tip opening and a smaller chamber. Off the top of my head I can't tell you how similar/different the facing length and baffle are but a Berg 2 is has a pretty modest baffle which closer to the links rollover baffle than a Berg #0 or #1.

Reply To Post

1. by joe812119
      (18 posts)

5 years ago

thank -you

Reply To Post