Saxophone Forum

by jakob1
(4 posts)
14 years ago

sxophone repair

I have a selmer mark 6 alto saxophone and i need to fix it. it fell on the ground and now i can't play the lower notes. is there any international repair that o can send my saxophone? cause i don't wanna give it to some unproffessional dude that I can't trust. thank you....

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

14 years ago

Re: sxophone repair

find a GOOD local, local, local, dude you Can trust. no way i send a 6 anywhere unless you have knowledge of them from past experience or reference from others you know. it doesnt sound like more than a adustment, unless yu know something is broken, a key, rod or maybe a spring popped loose. i can't wait to hear the response from the regular crowd.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

14 years ago

paul maslin does excellent work, and ships things well. though if you have someone youve had prior experience with, id suggest them

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
        (547 posts)

14 years ago

find a professional dude that you can trust..ask some local player/teachers who they use. Go to some local music stores, talk to the techs, see what you think. I work in Boise, Idaho, and I know I could fix your six..if I can, then I'm quite sure there is a competent tech in your area who could..just do some research, and make a friend..HI Cube..good to know you're still happinin'.

Reply To Post

1. by jakob1
          (4 posts)

14 years ago

thank you for the respond first, I would like to tell you that i'm living in Israel and the truth is that i'm a student and i don't have money to fix it. I went to one place and they wanted 800$, just for the repair. so I came with the idea that maybe it would be cheaper to send it somewhere but it apears right now that i will have to go back to this dude next to me. anyway it is cool to have a place that I can have information about saxophone....

Reply To Post

2. by cuber
          (653 posts)

14 years ago

shipping to the US would get very expensive. probably about as much as the repair. but $800? someones making a pretty penny on that....

Reply To Post

3. by jakob1
          (4 posts)

14 years ago

yes i know. that why i wish i could fix it by myself

Reply To Post

4. by cuber
          (653 posts)

14 years ago

do you have an idea whats wrong?

Reply To Post

5. by jakob1
          (4 posts)

14 years ago

yes i can see where is the demage but i don't have to tools to fix it by myself

Reply To Post