Saxophone Forum

by scorpion
(2 posts)
14 years ago

Bought a Vintage Conn : PLS HELP

Guys, I recently bought a vintage conn from 1920's. Needed your comments and info on this model (1119954 A M143904 L). How is this model inferior or superior to Chu Berry or the later models ? What are the pro n cons of this model by itself. I got it for around $450, though it needs some pads replaced, one Mouthpiece thumbscrew is missing, the other one feels loose. The thumbscrew that holds the mouthpiece to the body is missing. A small dent on the bottom seam. and 2 other tiny dents. I've posted some pics here www.flickr.com/photos/47881453@N04/sets/72157623406434327 Was it a worthy buy ? Have not taken it to the repair man yet. What could be repairing cost for the obvious repairs I got to bear ? Please comments. Your comments and info on the model will be much appreciated. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Mouldingman
    (4 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Bought a Vintage Conn : PLS HELP

I think it is worth what you paid. Do the keys move freely? It looks like a late 1924 Chu Berry. 1925 started with SN 145,400. The missing thumbscrew holds the neck to the body.

Reply To Post

1. by scorpion
      (2 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Bought a Vintage Conn : PLS HELP

That was very much helpful. " late 1924 Chu Berry ". Any idea how much that missing thumbscrew might actually cost me, as it being a vintage one ?

Reply To Post