Saxophone Forum

by Fiona
(8 posts)
14 years ago

Help

RBM PRO. ALTO SAXOPHONE EXCELLENT & RARE. Does anybody know anything about this sax? It was advertised on "ebay". I have "googled" and tried to read all I can get my hands on. Not once coming accross this brand. If anyone can help or point me in a direction that may help it would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Fiona. :)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Help

Fiona, I've never heard of the horn. I've been playing sax for a long time and this one's new to me. I would stick with well known brands if I were you......Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

14 years ago

ebay... unknown brand... seems fishy.

Reply To Post

2. by Fiona
      (8 posts)

14 years ago

Hi all. Thank you for your reply. Just had a look at some older posts in general discussion and came across someone else who was asking about RBM. It seems that they are made in Taiwan.Not the greatest! Is that right?? Would anyone know of a book or web site that might help me to double check this or maybe even elaborate on it?? Just be looking for a while now and would really like to know a little more about this mystery instrument. Kind regards and thank you for your time. Fiona. :)

Reply To Post

1. by newreedsyndrome
        (343 posts)

14 years ago

I don't know if it's a mystery so much as a scam. Assuming the instrument they send you is even a saxophone...it will likely be nearly unplayable and will certainly be unplayable after youve owned it for two monthes, AND most repair shops wont even touch unknown Ebay horns. I would forget about that horn unless it's just a matter of curiosity at this point. If youre looking for a student sax, get a Yamaha. THeyre cheap, playable, and nearly indestructible

Reply To Post