Saxophone Forum

by smusue
(2 posts)
14 years ago

Bundy Special Sax question

I have a Selmer Bundy Special Saxophone. It says it is made in Germany and bears a serial number of 48,800. It comes with the original Bundy (tweed looking w/red velvet) case. Can you tell me when it was made? I have tried to research it online but am finding things a little confusing. Is it a Keilworth serial number or Selmer Serial Number? I bought this sax used in 1975 for my junior high and high school marching band days. It has a C* mouthpiece on it. Is there any value to this or should I just keep it?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxmeister72
    (1 post)

14 years ago

Re: Bundy Special Sax question

This is definitely a Keilwerth stencil horn so use the Keilwerth serial number charts. According to those, this horn should have been manufactured around 1957. These horns are gaining a following due to the bang for the buck factor, but I would personally hold on to it if you plan on doing any playing. These are great horns! If you do decide to sell it check the latest prices on eBay and other sites. I've seen the Bundy Specials going from $250-$1,300 for altos so the prices are all over the place.

Reply To Post

1. by smusue
      (2 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Bundy Special Sax question

Thanks a bunch for the info. Appreciate the input.

Reply To Post