Saxophone Forum

by AnointedSax555
(4 posts)
14 years ago

evette buffet crampon alto

I just started playing the sax last Sept. 09. Someone gave me an evette Buffet Crampon alto sax. I had it repaded and cleaned. I was told it was a student horn, but the repair tech. said it was an intermediate horn and a very good one.I have had no lessons just learning off the web. It seems like it just comes so easy for me. I did my first solo recording on a cd last week. It was just a few turn arounds but they seemed to like what they heard. I really enjoy playing and learning. I'm trying different set ups. I'm using the Selmer goldentone 3 with a rico royal 2/1/2 and it sounds bright and buzzy. But the c* sounds soft and mellow. I would like to try a better mouthpiece. All tips and advice welcomed. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by luiyo456
    (18 posts)

14 years ago

Re: evette buffet crampon alto

Everybody is different regarding mouthpieces, I've been playing fo 27 years aprox., my preference on low budget, (so not too expensive just to try out) MEYER #6 medium chamber, ligature rovner light, and try reeds vandoren green box, work up little by little to reach a reed #3 at least in the future, this setting gives to tha alto sax a good kick without loosing it's warm sound, intermeediate between classical and jazz stile. This setup should be around $95.00.

Reply To Post

1. by AnointedSax555
      (4 posts)

14 years ago

Re: evette buffet crampon alto

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a try

Reply To Post