Saxophone Forum

by Saxall
(17 posts)
14 years ago

Crazy prices

In France, many people think it is absolutely crazy to ask such prices as 11 000 $ for vintages sax as Mark VI and Balanced Action, despite the law of supply and demand. I agree. This post to deliberate.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SuperSax875
    (55 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Crazy prices

Agreed.

Reply To Post

1. by luiyo456
      (18 posts)

14 years ago

Dead wrong....it's crazy to pay for them, to ask it's ok as long there is a desperate one or a fool.....so I surely agree.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
        (653 posts)

14 years ago

Luiyo, you are "dead wrong." It is ok to ask for $11k because people will pay that for a horn. Simple economics. Actually paying 10+ for a horn is another issue. Though Im sure we all know that price gets argued down a bit.

Reply To Post

1. by luiyo456
          (18 posts)

14 years ago

Sure they would and do pay for them, 'cause they do not know better, of course there is an exception to the rule, an instrument that is proven to be played by an important player making the instrument and historic value, or an exceptional rare to find condition, but why to pay $11K for a Selmer Mark VI alto or tenor when you might get it for 5-7 k. I own Mark VII serial 252,XXX that sounds the same as others Mark VI I heard, it is in very good shape and I paid only $1200, I seen others with higher serial #'s than mine not in the best shape for a triple price, does it make any sense....? do the math or see the economic side of it....so I still agree is crazy.

Reply To Post

2. by Saxall
          (17 posts)

14 years ago

Thanks for your participation to this post. Be careful not to believe players could be idiots. Remember that the sound is your, not the one of the instrument. I guess everybody knows. I'm sure the rate is push up by the collectors, not by the players.

Reply To Post

3. by Saxall
          (17 posts)

14 years ago

Thanks for your participation to this post. Be careful not to believe players could be idiots. Remember that the sound is your, not the one of the instrument. I guess everybody knows. I'm sure the rate is push up by the collectors, not by the players.

Reply To Post

4. by Saxall
          (17 posts)

14 years ago

Reply To Post