Saxophone Forum

by rickmcm
(3 posts)
14 years ago

Trying to Identify Type & Date of Conn Sax

Hi I have a Conn sax that bears the legend: "10M PAT APPD FOR N E20849" Can anyone help me identify and date this instrument please? Thanks Rick

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Trying to Identify Type & Date of Conn Sax

There are so many Conn saxophones out there, every closet must have one...........Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by rickmcm
      (3 posts)

14 years ago

Hello Kelsey Am I to assume that you can't identify its date and type? If not, I have to wonder why you replied at all..?

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
        (653 posts)

14 years ago

i wish my closets had a conns in them. Anyway, a simple search (id do it myself, but dinner calls) of cafesaxophone.uk or something along those lines will get you an answer

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

14 years ago

Hello Rickmcm!! If you would take the time to read the post right under your question, you would see the Conn time line, that will tell you about your horn. I saw no reason to tell you something that is right before your eyes already.
        Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by rickmcm
          (3 posts)

14 years ago

You wrote that you "..saw no reason to tell you something that is right before your eyes already.." so instead you posted a reply that was a waste of your time writing it, and a waste of my time reading it.

Reply To Post

2. by blackfrancis
          (396 posts)

14 years ago

10M is a pro line tenor. The serial number puts it around 1965. I don't know what's in anybody else's closet, but I've got a 10M in mine. Though less sought-after than earlier examples, the later 10Ms are great players for sure. Big sound, built sturdy and once you get used to the feel the keywork is just fine. Blow your horn and enjoy- just remember after dark some of us are trying to sleep!

Reply To Post