Saxophone Forum

by oldie
(1 post)
14 years ago

New C Melody

Doing search on C Melody and saw many posts regarding the making of a 'new' C Melody sax, but the posts were from 2006, initiated by saxon. Anyone know what happened to that idea of getting a 'new' c melody made? I for one would be Very interested. Why? Nearly 60 yrs old and just beginning past year. To my mind it amazes me that there should be instruments that have to be 'transposed' to other instruments sheet music. Have a number of Fake Books, but they're all written for 'C'. Have absolutley no interest or memory capability at this point to try to learn or transpose those thousands of songs from 'C' to my Eb sax. For the life of me I just don't understand why the C Melody was not a Huge hit. Can anyone nicely and politely help me understand.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

14 years ago

Re: New C Melody

It has already happened, quite awhile ago in fact: www.aquilasax.com

Reply To Post

1. by adetenor
      (68 posts)

14 years ago

Oldie...I am sorry sir, i can be of no help. Just to say...it was a real pleasant post you left, and i sincerley hope you find one.......good luck....ade.

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
        (575 posts)

14 years ago

No need to help, as I've already provided the link to a newly designed and manufactured C-melody as the OP requested.

Reply To Post