Saxophone Forum

by jflex1
(1 post)
13 years ago

Hello New to this board looking for some guidance...

Hello I'm 51 yrs young..I've wanted to play the sax since Jr High but they ran out an only had clarinets which I got into..well I started getting lessons I bought a Cleveland King from 1940 for $60 but it was really worn.. I took it to get it looked at and I was told it needed some work which came to about $160 with 4 pad replacements and adjustments, well I'm really enjoying my time with it when it starts acting funny, so I took it back for them to look at when I was told that the instrument is too worn and not worth the money to put into it. I was broken hearted.. so now I'm looking for an alto sax that is really not just for beginners.. I've looked a bunch of different brands.. but not sure which to choose. the price is also a big issue because I don't have 2-6k for a selmer ... can you guys chime in and give me some advise which way to go with this?? I'm at a lost missing the sax time i was having.... thanks in advanced

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by heffenJeffer
    (1 post)

13 years ago

Re: Hello New to this board looking for some guidance...

You should be able to find a decent Yamaha for short money.

Reply To Post

2. by mechy7586
    (1 post)

13 years ago

Re: Hello New to this board looking for some guidance...

i bought mine on ebay for less than half the price & its awesome i recommend you should seasrch for a yamaha yas-23 usually it cost about $1500 but you can find it on ebay for about $500 or less but make sure to read the description & look on the pictures there. good luck

Reply To Post