Saxophone Forum

by trombone and sax player
(10 posts)
14 years ago

brand of tenor called "Ashley"

I have seen someone selling a tenor saxophone that they supposedly got in france, and is supposedly a top of the line saxophone. I am just starting so i have no idea if it is a good or bad saxophone. the brand is "Ashley" and the serial number is 275372. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Jermayn224
    (1 post)

13 years ago

Re: brand of tenor called "Ashley"

Hey did you happen to find that on crigslist for COS cuz i was thinking of buying it and its an "Ashley" brand from europe the pics look really nice and it look like its in great condition it has same seial # as listed above

Reply To Post

1. by trombone and sax player
      (10 posts)

13 years ago

Re: brand of tenor called "Ashley"

Actually yes I did see it on Craig's list in COS and I decided not to get it because of what another person on the forum said, www.saxquest.com/forumThreadView.asp?ForumUID=10&ThreadUID=21402 and because many of the people I talked to said that if you couldn't find out much about the brand than don't get it and that a lot of the overseas brands are made cheaper and aren't very consistent. Also, i don't know if it is the same for all music repair shops, but Meeker Music won't work on instruments that don't have a serial number on it, or the serial number can't be found in their database, because the metal is cheaper and tends to bread easily. I think would be true with the Ashley saxophone. If anything happened to the saxophone you would possibly have to send it in to the manufacturer to get it repaired. I ended up getting a Yamaha YTS 23 for almost the same price and I really like it. Personally, I would save the headaches and get a brand of saxophone that you know has gotten good ratings. These are the things I learned while I was looking for a saxophone, I am just a beginner but from what I have seen, there are a lot of brands out there that are not as good as they appear to be. Hoped this helped

Reply To Post