Saxophone Forum

by hunter dan
(1 post)
14 years ago

Bundy II sax - age this instrument please!

I have a Bundy II by Selmer alto that has serial number 1232251. Could anyone tell me how old this instrument is and also how to tell if it is a student model or possibly worth a bit more?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by supersnail14
    (3 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Bundy II sax - age this instrument please!

I had a Bundy II alto till recently. It was a servicable instrument that I played in community band. When I sold it a few months ago I got $300 (what I paid for it a few years ago). It was in good playable condition, but the lacquer was somewhat worn. I felt, and I read that it was a good student horn for the money. George

Reply To Post

2. by scarter6
    (9 posts)

13 years ago

Re: Bundy II sax - age this instrument please!

Bundy II is best described as a beginner horn. If you're looking to study music in college, don't plan on doing it on this horn. It's good for marching bands, and community bands, otherwise it will just hold you back. If you want a step up, Selmer or a Yamaha make excellent intermediate/student horns, as well as professional (so does Yanagisawa). I still have mine from 6th grade - about 14years ago, but knowing how old the horn may be would have to be answered by The Selmer Company themselves. It's honestly worth about $200-300, if that. The best thing to do with it - keep it, or donate it.

Reply To Post