Saxophone Forum

by Mmusic
(2 posts)
20 years ago

Buescher 400 sax

What is the best way to learn how much my Buesher 400 sax is worth? It is in very good condition. Thanks for the help!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Buescher 400 sax

Put a $1 starting bid auction on eBay with a $5000 reserve price. See where it goes. Just kidding. Take a bunch of digital pictures and come back to the forum when you are ready to email them.

Reply To Post

1. by Mmusic
      (2 posts)

20 years ago

I have the serial # of my Buescher 400 tenor sax. The serial number is 830942.

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
        (767 posts)

20 years ago

it's really not worth anything more than a student Yamaha at that serial#. That horn was produced in the early 1980's -long after the Selmer buyout which ended up in the gradual decline and value of the 400 line. The 400 line's antique value depriciates drastically after the discontinuation of the TopHat model, and takes another large hit after the Selmer buyout in 63'. It's value furthr erodes as it loses it's underslung neck, gold-plated nortons springs, and snap in resonators as the line continutes it's life into the 70's. Your Buescher may be a killer horn for all we know, but how a horn plays generally does not have a tremendous effect on the value of an instrument.

Reply To Post