Saxophone Forum

by Masterwannabe
(1 post)
13 years ago

Vintage YORK Grand Rapids Alto info please

Hi all, New to your group, please forgive the fact that I am a trumpet player. I recently retired and am looking to occupying my time with saving vintage instruments and finding homes for them. I recently acquired this sax, Ser # 966xx and believe it to be a 1931. The pads are in great shape, the horn looks very good, doesn't need restoring. I am looking to learn more about saxes so I am asking for opinions as to quality and possible value. In my limited research so far I believe this to be a stencil horn, suggested it may have been made by Martin because of the soldered tone holes. Pictures can be seen at:

s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee385/Masterwanabe/Vintage%20York%20Sax/?action=view&current=YorkAltoSax005.jpg

s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee385/Masterwanabe/Vintage%20York%20Sax/?action=view&current=YorkAltoSax004.jpg

s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee385/Masterwanabe/Vintage%20York%20Sax/?action=view&current=YorkAltoSax003.jpg

s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee385/Masterwanabe/Vintage%20York%20Sax/?action=view&current=YorkAltoSax002.jpg

s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee385/Masterwanabe/Vintage%20York%20Sax/?action=view&current=YorkAltoSax001.jpg

s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee385/Masterwanabe/Vintage%20York%20Sax/?action=view&current=YorkAltoSax006.jpg

Thanks, Ray Z

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamiefreitag
    (1 post)

10 years ago

Re: Vintage YORK Grand Rapids Alto info please

Hi! 

I saw this sax for sale on craigslist a couple of months ago. I'm not sure if it was you that I spoke with, but I was looking for a sax for my nephew. I haven't stopped thinking about it since...for myself ;)

I played in high school and live in Grand Rapids. I want it bad.
    Do you still have it? If so, give me a call to discuss a price.

Thanks!
    Jamie
    616-295-8070
    [email protected] 

Reply To Post