Saxophone Forum

by YanagisawA-901
(312 posts)
20 years ago

Mark IV question

i was chattn with my sax teacher the other day, were kinda buddies along as teacher and student. but he played my sax for awhile and he liked it and sounded real good on it, and i made a comment on his alto, which i believed to be a reference 54, the "clone" of the mark IV.. and hes like, i dont have a reference, it looks just like mine tho..and i was kinda like, HEH!?!? u have a mark iv?? and hes like, yea ive had it for awhile. and i was like dude, its in perfect condition.. im serious, i thats the reason i thought it was a reference. so is it possible to have an absolutely freakin perfect mark iv without restoration at all?? or do u think hes had it relaquered and refurbed???

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Mark IV question

Why don't you ask him? It is possible for it to be in mint condition, if he took very good care of it. Could also have been a closet horn when he got it. PS: Your jealosy is showing ;o)

Reply To Post

2. by YanagisawA-901
    (312 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Mark IV question

haha i kno, i am jealous..its an absolutely orgasmic saxophone...i mean its perfect...and he can get up to a double high A..thats not normal..most ppl cant even hold a high f# , let alone a double A?? its insane, hes freaking awesome

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ