Saxophone Forum

by dgallego
(27 posts)
13 years ago

Stand for holding sax while playing it

I have not been able to play for several years due to a bad auto accident that left me partially paralyzed in my hands due to damaged disks in my neck. I can not bear weight on a strap and the shoulder harness is just is bad. I remember there used to be bari sax stand that you could at least sit and play with the horn mounted. I do not really want to custom build it if there is one off the shelf. I need one for alto tenor and Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Jaspire
    (2 posts)

13 years ago

Re: Stand for holding sax while playing it

Doctor Sax has some stands available for $25 plus shipping that might be what you're looking for. His contact addresses are [email protected] for e-mail and www.doctorsax.biz for his Web site. You can read about the stands at saxtasticsaxophone.blogspot.com/2010/05/on-stage-stands-tall-altotenor-sax.html

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

13 years ago

The alto player on doctorsax site has a really beautiful sound on alto............Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by dgallego
    (27 posts)

13 years ago

Thank you all who helped. I found the solution to the problem. I started Using a harness with modification to more evenly distribute the weight across my back. It seems to work great.

Reply To Post