Saxophone Forum

by jakesmom
(1 post)
12 years ago

Realistic Value of Cannonball Big Bell Stone Series Raven

Good Evening Everyone, I am the mother of a talented teenager who wanted to make a change from playing bass clarinet to tenor sax. We purchased him a new Cannonball Big Bell Stone Series Raven Model T5-B Ice B back in 2007 and it never came out of the case after the first day. At the time, the instrument cost me just over $3000. It is one of the most beautiful instruments I've ever seen and it breaks my heart to see it sit unused and unappreciated. The pricing seems to vary greatly so I'm looking for some guidance from the experts as what would be considered a fair price. Thank you for your help!!!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

12 years ago

Re: Realistic Value of Cannonball Big Bell Stone Series Raven

You typically see Cannonball tenors selling in the $800-$1400 price range depending on condition and model. Best of Luck!!

Reply To Post

2. by RyanCannonball
    (45 posts)

12 years ago

Stone Series tenors in good condition are currently selling online in the $2000 range. This Raven went for $2250: forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?149102-FS-Cannonball-Raven-Tenor One sold for $1800 on Jan 5, and another sold for $1750 just 4 days ago: www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=stone%20series%20tenor

Reply To Post

3. by Colby_Main
    (1 post)

8 years ago

I know this was posted 5 years ago, but do you still have that saxophone because I'm looking for one exactly like it, if you still have it please e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks in advance :)

Reply To Post

1. by Don Sax
      (1 post)

7 years ago

Hi, I have a Cannonball Big Bell raven series with the Picasso Jasper stone. In great condition, mostly used it for home practice, preferring to use my Yamaha 875 for gigging.

Are you still interested? My going price is 2300 USD though, negotiable.
      Photos availiable if interested.

Reply To Post

4. by Loganb02
    (1 post)

6 years ago

if the saxophone is still in really good condition you can get up to $2,200 for it at the most

Reply To Post

5. by GFC
    (842 posts)

6 years ago

IMO Cannonballs, particularly the more recent ones, are among the better deals in the used instrument market.  

Reply To Post

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
      (644 posts)

6 years ago

Since this is a 6 year old post and the HS student is probably out of college by now, I doubt this is a more recent model Cannonball Saxophone.

Reply To Post