Saxophone Forum

by spideysjs
(2 posts)
12 years ago

Buescher True Tone?

Hello all you awesome people in saxophone land.  I have a Lyon & Healy Stencil horn and I am trying to find out some history on it.  Is it a true tone? year? etc. I have no interest in selling this wonderfull sounding old horn, but I would like to know when it was made, value, and what stencil it may be.

It is a Lyon & Healy "Low Pitch" soprano.  Made in Chicago, the serial # is 39785.

Any help would be great, even if someone can just point me in the direction of where to begin.

Thank you all and hope you are well.

-Shannon

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

12 years ago

Re: Buescher True Tone?

Hi Shannon-

Most Lyon & Healy soprano stencils are Martin made. But it could also be Buescher. Can you post up a photo of it? Are the tone holes slightly beveled at the point where theyhit the pad. This would be an indication of Martin manufacturing.

Cheers,

Mark Overton

saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by spideysjs
      (2 posts)

12 years ago

Currently in shop, repairing a couple pads. I'll post pics when she comes home.

Reply To Post

1. by baron_von_kc
        (1 post)

12 years ago

I have a similar question with a simliar horn. i just bought an alto that appears to be a Lyon & Healy Inspiration stencil. The serial number is 10856. The only other piece of information I have about this horn is that local musician Mark Southerland played it at gigs. Any help anyone might be able to provide would be appreciated!

Baron von KC

Reply To Post