Saxophone Forum

by choochoo
(1 post)
12 years ago

OLD ~ Wurlitzer American Pat. Dec 8 1914 . S# W4596 -L ?

OLD ~ Wurlitzer American Pat. Dec 8 1914 . S#  W4596 -L ?  CAN ,SOMEONE ? ANYONE ?PLEASE TELL ME ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT THIS SAX? IT'S WORTH? CAN THESE BE REPAIRED? EVEN  IF IT'S VERY TARNISHED (NO DENTS OR DINGS ) AND MISSING SMALL PARTS.OTHER PARTS WONT MOVE....IS IT WORTH TRYING TO REPAIR, OR JUST A PIECE OF GARBAGE ,TO BE THROWN OUT? THANK YOU, CURTIS

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

12 years ago

Re: OLD ~ Wurlitzer American Pat. Dec 8 1914 . S# W4596 -L ?

You will need to post photos for anyone to assist you on this Curtis.

Most Wurlitzer model saxophones are stencils made by Conn, Buescher or Martin. Photos will be required to ID the manufacturer, condition, and value.

Reply To Post

1. by Saxquest
      (420 posts)

12 years ago

Hi Curtis-

Michael is exactly right. Wurlitzer not only stenciled saxophones from Conn, Martin and Buescher, but they also imported many saxophones from France in their early years. You see lots of Martin stencils that came out of the 1920's. However, the date of Dec 8 1914 would imply Conn. It would be great if you could post up a quick photo.

Cheers,

Mark Overton

Reply To Post

1. by juliansax
        (1 post)

12 years ago

hi guys im from argentina.... i have an american wurlitzer too. eventualy the Pat. is Dec 8 1914 s# 57042 ...... its a C melody low pitch it sounds great but i know nothing about this sax..... please if u get any information about it, history or if its a conn or whatever please let me know

Reply To Post