Saxophone Forum

by felishamartin89
(2 posts)
12 years ago

True Tone Curved Neck Buescher

I inherited a 1921 serial number 98,XXX True Tone Curved Neck Buescher.. I can't really find much about this online. 

My father in law left us with some hefty bills and we're wanting to sell this but the only music stores in town I took this to couldn't tell us anything other than it played, and played well.

Can anyone give me any info on this at all? 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by BeyondSax
    (1 post)

12 years ago

Re: True Tone Curved Neck Buescher

You will need to supply more information.  Is it a tenor or alto?  What is the plating (silver or gold)?  What kind of shape is it in?  etc.

Reply To Post

1. by felishamartin89
      (2 posts)

12 years ago

It's a surprano, and it's gold. It's in playing condition. I took it to a shop and the guy was very surprised it played at all and said it played well.

Reply To Post

1. by Saxquest
        (420 posts)

12 years ago

Buescher True Tone sopranos can play extremely well. The ones made in the late 1920's and early 1930's are tremendous saxophones, generally having excellent intonation and a beautiful rich tone quality. The value will depend on if it is gold lacquer or gold plate and past damage repairs and condition of pads. Can you upload a photo or two here in the forum? What is the serial number?

Cheers,
             Mark Overton
             www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post