Saxophone Forum

by Little_Rachel
(1 post)
12 years ago

HELP! I need saxophone advice

Hello! I am new to the forum. I do not play saxophone (well, I played in school band from 5th-7th grade), but I LOVE the sound of a saxophone! I have 2 things I hope you hope you can help me with.

1) I am looking for a King Curtis or Boots Randolph... but a saxophonist who can be dependendable and available for shows about once a month will do. 2) I am looking for someone to give me an honest estimate on what I can get for my old saxophone from school band.

I am Little Rachel, an experienced performer singing original material that is inspired by 40's-60's R&B, Rock n' Roll, Jump Blues, and early Soul. (Little Richard, Little Willie John, LaVern Baker, Etta James, Coasters, Brenda Lee, etc.) I am also forming a new duo project with my guitarist, Mat (who also sings and plays guitar for the Rum Drum Ramblers). I am looking for a saxophonist for both projects.

My experience with hiring saxophonists is that either they are too busy with their current project to be available when I need someone, or they would really rather be playing in a jazz or funk band, and have no interest in the era of music that I am trying to emulate. I am hoping to find a player that is truly excited about playing this style of music, and is happy only taking a few really good gigs (not playing 4 hour bar gigs every night). If this sounds like you or someone you know, PLEASE contact me!

Also, I have a Bundy II alto sax that was purchased new for me when I was learning to play in 5th grade (1987). It was lightly used, but needs some work, as it has not been played in about 20 years. I am hoping to sell it for a price that is fair to both the buyer and the seller. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the current saxophone market to determine what that price should be, and I need an honest estimate from someone with this knowledge.

You can see/hear what I do at http://www.littlerachel.net , http://www.revernation.com/littlerachel , or search me on youtube. I have some fun, good-paying gigs coming up. I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,

Little Rachel

[email protected]

816-809-0917

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!