Saxophone Forum

by Artison
(2 posts)
11 years ago

Jody jazz Dv Problem!

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with my alto.mouthpiece-jody jazz dv-6 

I have a lot of sqeaks especially in high register(when play staccato).I can't find a reason of that.Maybe play to agressive when attack a note..I also play a clarinette.Ligature is rovner dark.Thanks very much for any suggestions!!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Jody jazz Dv Problem!

Jody Jazz mouthpieces are extremely well made. I would be very surprised if it were an equipment issue unless the mouthpiece has been dropped or damaged in the past. Did you buy it new or used? If you bought it used (especially off of eBay) it could be that the past owner damaged it and was dumping it in a less than ethical fashion. If you have anyone near you who is able to assess mouthpieces I would definitely have it looked over. Otherwise, there are any number of great mouthpiece refacers out there you can send it to and have it looked over.

Assuming that its not a mouthpiece issue. Then you need to look more closely at your embrasure. Metal mouthpieces on alto can take some getting used to. I would also try to take a lesson with a local professional who is know as being good at diagnosing problems. Best of Luck!!!

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by Artison
      (2 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Jody jazz Dv Problem!

Than You for your reply!

I bought jody jazz as new moutpiece.Its possible that someone tried it in music shop,but for sure item was not damaged when I got it..Maybe you have right and problem is my embrasure,or getting used to..(before I had meyer 5m mouthpiece).

Thanks a lot!!

p.s:sorry for my english;D

Reply To Post