Saxophone Forum

by robbinsdk
(1 post)
11 years ago

Selmer Tenor Modele 26 No. 7409

I've inherited this saxaphone outright.  It was refinished and new pads put on 20 years ago.  It was originally purchased for my Aunt to play, then my mother.  This piece has been in our family for over 50 years.

I'm looking to find out how much it would be worth at this time.  There was a collector a few years back that was interested but we did not want to sell it at the time. 

Considering its original origin and that it has been a family heirloom, it would take the right person to convince me to sell it.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Selmer Tenor Modele 26 No. 7409

Nice looking horn!  That particular model is more sought after by collectors than by players.  The one bummer is that it's a relacquered horn, which tends to diminish its market value.  But from what we can see, it looks like a good relacquer and the engraving doesn't appear to have been buffed away.  Inspect the engraving carefully and see if there are any spots where it has been made faint by buffing.  That kind of detail is important to the value of a collector's horn.  I'm guessing a value a little over a grand, contingent on undamaged engraving.

http://saxgourmet.com/VINTAGE_SAXOPHONE_VALUE_GUIDE.htm

Reply To Post

1. by saxgourmet
      (127 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Selmer Tenor Modele 26 No. 7409

be SURE to read the preface to the value guide and adjust the value accordingly

STEVE GOODSON
      New Orleans
      www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post