Saxophone Forum

by scooby
(69 posts)
2 years ago

Ralph Moore Transcription

I have added a transcription of Ralph Moore's solo on Squatty Roo to my website:

http://www.scooby-sax.com/Transcriptions.html

Enjoy!

- Scooby

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (307 posts)

2 years ago

Re: Ralph Moore Transcription

Great stuff here!! I wasn't familiar with this recording so I went and listened to a few sample cuts from the CD on line.........WOW!!! I just bought the CD.

Jeff not only gets a big thanks for the great transcription, but thanks also for introducing me to a fabulous recording!!! Kudos to Ralph Moore, WHAT A GREAT PLAYER!!! I'm inspired to transcribe a few of these tracks myself!!! Everyone reading this should pause a moment and go check out this CD, it will be well worth your time.

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         www.saxquest.com
         www.saxophone.org

Reply To Post

1. by scooby
      (69 posts)

2 years ago

Re: Ralph Moore Transcription

Thanks Mark. That CD with Ray Brown is one of my favorites. I also really enjoy the ones Ralph did with JJ Johnson. There's also a great trio date he did with Buster Williams and Ben Riley ("Weaver of Dreams"). Look for some more transcriptions of Ralph's work in the future on my site.  I really enjoy his playing and there is a lot to learn from his clear lines. 

"... trying to play clean and looking for the pretty notes." -- Charlie Parker

Reply To Post