Saxophone Forum

by scooby
(83 posts)
11 years ago

Ralph Moore Transcription

I have added a transcription of Ralph Moore's solo on Squatty Roo to my website:

http://www.scooby-sax.com/Transcriptions.html

Enjoy!

- Scooby

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Ralph Moore Transcription

Great stuff here!! I wasn't familiar with this recording so I went and listened to a few sample cuts from the CD on line.........WOW!!! I just bought the CD.

Jeff not only gets a big thanks for the great transcription, but thanks also for introducing me to a fabulous recording!!! Kudos to Ralph Moore, WHAT A GREAT PLAYER!!! I'm inspired to transcribe a few of these tracks myself!!! Everyone reading this should pause a moment and go check out this CD, it will be well worth your time.

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         www.saxquest.com
         www.saxophone.org

Reply To Post

1. by scooby
      (83 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Ralph Moore Transcription

Thanks Mark. That CD with Ray Brown is one of my favorites. I also really enjoy the ones Ralph did with JJ Johnson. There's also a great trio date he did with Buster Williams and Ben Riley ("Weaver of Dreams"). Look for some more transcriptions of Ralph's work in the future on my site.  I really enjoy his playing and there is a lot to learn from his clear lines. 

"... trying to play clean and looking for the pretty notes." -- Charlie Parker

Reply To Post