Saxophone Forum

by blj765
(2 posts)
11 years ago

10M or 30M

I am a novice which will probably be confirmed by my question.  I am selling a 1935 Tenor Saxophone.  How do I tell if it is a 10M or 30M?  Also, the finish is different than I have ever seen.  Kind of Satin Silver looking some discoloring in spots. Inside of bell looks brass/gold?  Any help would be appreciated.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Beautiful condition!  Forgot to add 1935 Conn "naked lady"

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

11 years ago

Re: 10M or 30M

On the back above the serial number you'll see a stamp that reads 10M or 30M. The 30M is called the Connqueror and it has permadjusters for regulation which the 10M does not have. You can find detailed photos of Conn 10Ms and 30Ms in the museum section of this web site. Check out yours in comparison to the museum photos and let us know what you think.

Cheers,

Mark Overton

Reply To Post

1. by blj765
      (2 posts)

11 years ago

Re: 10M or 30M

I included a photo of the serial number.  I still do not see either 10M or 30M.  However, the serial number falls in the Connqueror category according to the serial numbers on this website.  The serial number is M269,173  

first line:  PAT?????
              lll9954
                  T
             M269173
                  L

Have not located photos on this website. 

Reply To Post