Saxophone Forum

by wolfman
(3 posts)
11 years ago

Selmer Bundy

Hello, I'm a new member form Germany and I've got a - maybe - simple question. Recently I bought a Selmer Bundy Tenor Saxophone, made in Elkhart/USA. It's got no High-F-sharp-Key so I guess, it must be an older one. I've tryed to figure out the year of fabrication, but couldn't find any information. The webside of Conn-Selmer has a listing, which the serial number 99553 fits in but I'm not sure. I think it's not a Buescher. Who may halp me please?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Selmer Bundy

If it's got the bell keys on the left side it's a Bundy I, which is the same style body as the Buescher Aristocrat. Good student horns, not a whole lot of value, and not a whole lot riding on the year of manufacture.

Reply To Post

1. by wolfman
      (3 posts)

11 years ago

Hi, thank you, that's what I thought, it's got the bell keys on the left side and the serial number says, it must have been produced in 1922/23 (http://www.musictrader.com/buescher.html), but additional information from professionals at the side "sax on the web" says, it has been in the early 50ies, bevore bundy was sold out and selmer came in...?

Here some Foto:

Reply To Post

1. by GFC
        (842 posts)

11 years ago

The Buescher Aristocrat was rebranded Selmer Bundy after Selmer bought Buescher in 1963.

Reply To Post

1. by wolfman
          (3 posts)

11 years ago

I don't think, it was rebranded, but I found an identic Sax on the site of amazon with a serialnumber oft the early 60ties

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fully-Overhauled-H-A-Selmer-Bundy-1960s-Tenor-Sax-Saxophone-MUST-SEE-/261164853316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccea36844#ht_1626wt_1295

an it's exactly like mine wiht the sn 99533

Reply To Post