Saxophone Forum

by star31212
(3 posts)
11 years ago

La Sax

I am the owner of a Bundy made by Selmer alto sax I bought off E-Bay a few years ago hoping one of my grandkids would take after me and want to play a woodwind. I played clarinet, oboe, alto clarinet, bass clarinet, alto sax, etc...
Anyway, yesterday in a local pawn shop I came upon a one of a kind white lacquer L A Sax soprano that was made for a guy that lost it due to pawn. Another sax that he lost that I saw was a beautiful black tenor sax specially made for him by Jupiter. 
I would love either of them! I took my alto in and they said they would only give me 75 for it, the price tag on the soprano and tenor were 699.00.
Could someone that knows about those other brands tell me is that a good price?
Thanks for reading this, I would appreciate any feed back I could get.  

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxgourmet
    (127 posts)

11 years ago

Re: La Sax

I was in charge of manufacturing and product design for LA Sax a few years back......it really depends on which model you're looking at, and the condition.....the ONLY soprano worth buying is a model 650....

STEVE GOODSON
    New Orleans
    www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post

1. by star31212
      (3 posts)

11 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to visit the pawn shop and get the model number. They told me this particular sax was special made for a man. Too bad he lost it at a pawn shop. It is absolutely one of a kind. I want it so bad, I wish I could afford to buy it. Thanks again.

Reply To Post

1. by saxgourmet
        (127 posts)

11 years ago

In the five years I ran the manufacturing end of the company, there were NO special order horns, ever......I saw all the records from the past, and don't recall there ever being any special order horns made.....I doubt very much that this is true

STEVE GOODSON
        New Orleans
        www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post