Saxophone Forum

by mark-ay
(5 posts)
11 years ago

Francois Louis Ultimate Ligature

is there a music store in SG selling Francois Louis Ligature?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Francois Louis Ultimate Ligature

Francois Louis ligatures are kind of a saxophone specific specialty item that most music stores don't carry. However, you can purchase them on line. The fastest delivery and best prices for Francois Louis ligatures can be found at Saxquest (http://www.saxquest.com). Best of Luck!!

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by mark-ay
      (5 posts)

11 years ago

Hi Mark,

im using a brilhart hard rubber mp.

do you think it will fit?

thnks

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Saxquest
        (420 posts)

11 years ago

The XL size will fit either tenor or alto (Tenor X-Large or Alto X-Large). I use a FL Ultimate ligature on my Brilhart hard rubber tenor mouthpiece and love it! My suggestion is definitely go for the Ultimate ligature, not the Pure Brass. The Pure Brass is more expensive, more fragile and I don't feel like I get the same massive resonance that I get from the Ultimate Ligature.

I'm glad to hear that you're hip to Brilhart hard rubber pieces. Not a lot of people know about them. They can be extremely resonant mouthpieces and the FL ligature is a great match for getting a BIG sonorous sound!!!

Here's a direct link to where you can find these on the Saxquest web site.

http://www.saxquest.com/store/category/saxophone-ligatures-C42

Cheers,
             Mark Overton
             www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by mark-ay
          (5 posts)

11 years ago

I've tried several MP but brilhart for me is the best. I'm currently using optimum ligature and i can say it's a perfect match. but i want to try FL. 

By the way, i saw your link and i want to order FL.

How is your payment term?

Do you accept paypal?

Do you ship in Manila?

i also saw your vintage sax for sale!

I'm drooling! :)

Thanks a lot 

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by Saxquest
          (420 posts)

11 years ago

Yes, once you place items in your cart and select "Check Out" you will have the option to pay by Credit Card or PayPal or by Check.

Also, shipping to Manila is no problem. You just have to make sure your PayPal address is your confirmed shipping address.

Thanks,
               Mark Overton
               www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

2. by AndrewG
        (3 posts)

11 years ago

These ligatures are tricky to find in my experience, as are the FL reeds. I bought my reeds and ligature from www.saxalley.com. They provide a good price, and I've never had problems with the service.

Reply To Post

1. by turtlejimmy
          (14 posts)

11 years ago

I just got my ultimate ligature from WWBW .... they have them.  I've got the one that fits a metal Otto Link (tenor), and the sound is impressive.  It allows more resonance (overtones) than the ligatures that come with Otto Links, and with the right fit, the lig just sits on the Link, and doesn't move, like it's made for it.  Very quick and easy to get set up.

They are around $65 at WWBW.

Turtle        

Reply To Post