Saxophone Forum

by Ali Julius
(6 posts)
11 years ago

Vintage American Standard Alto Saxophone

Hi, my name is Ali Julius,

I just bought the old sax Vintage American Standard Saxophone Alto "High Grade"  made by Clev. Mus. Ind. Co. Clev. D-0  Serial# C 759" by H.N. White, "King"  Musical Co. The body and neck serial numbers match C759. I dont know much about this sax, i just looking its an antique one. Please someone tell me about this saxophone, this is a good sax or not. I put some sax's picture

Thank you

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Vintage American Standard Alto Saxophone

It's a nice horn to look at, but unfortunately that's about it.  American Standard was a budget brand of the H. N. White Company, which produced King as its premium brand.  It took some years for H. N. White to really come into their own as a manufacturer of saxophones.  If your horn is stamped with an "H" instead of an "L" near the serial number it will nevery be playable with modern instruments.

Reply To Post

1. by Ali Julius
      (6 posts)

11 years ago

Dear GFC
      Thank's for your explainaion about my sax. it's good or bad for a beginner like me.
      I'm confused for choose a good sax for me
      Thank you

Reply To Post

1. by Saxquest
        (420 posts)

11 years ago

Yes, this is exactly correct. If you want to read up more on your saxophone, check out some of the original manufacture's catalogs that describe the instrument. There are a couple catalogs that are very interesting that date to 1929 and 1930 here on this web site at the link below:

https://www.saxophone.org/museum/publications/museumType/1/manufacturer/56

Cheers,
             Mark Overton
             www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by Ali Julius
          (6 posts)

11 years ago

Dear Mark Owen
          Thanks for your information, it's very helping me
          God bless you
          Thank you 

Reply To Post

2. by tirambaby77
        (7 posts)

10 years ago

Hello
        i felt so much interested on your profile meanwhile my name is miss Tiram i would like you to contact me on my email id ([email protected]) so that we can get to know each other and also send me your pics. Thanks and hope to hear from you. Tiram

[email protected]

Reply To Post