Saxophone Forum

by chuck21c
(1 post)
11 years ago

Grafton sax

Hi All bit new to this. I am not a sax player more the guitar but have a family sax which i would like to vaule for insurance (never intend to sell) it ws my grandfathers Grafton sax of which i have custody of. The number is 12647 playable and on complete condition. any help with year and value would be great 
Many thanks
Chuck 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Grafton sax

Hi Chuck-

We can do official written insurance appraisals at Saxquest. I've been a music instrument appraiser for various Antiques Roadshow/Trash for Treasure events in the St. Louis area and Saxquest is well steeped in the vintage saxophone market on a daily basis.

Our charge for written insurance appraisals are $25 per instrument. The appraisals are sent to you and also kept here on file in case your agent requires the appraisal to be sent directly from the appraiser. Also, we offer lifetime free updates as a benefit to the client. Check out our web site at www.saxquest.com for more details and feel free to contact us at the email on the site if you want to talk further about getting this done.

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Grafton sax

And if the Grafton is in the condition you state it is, Mark's appraisal will be WELL worth the effort to aquire it. These horns can be worth a pretty penny in good cosmetic and working order.

A Saxquest appraisal will appeal greatly to serious buyers.

Reply To Post