Saxophone Forum

by lisaaxiu88
(1 post)
10 years ago

where to buy a cheap but quality sax

i want to buy a sax for my son. He is now learning the sax. But my budget is so limited. So can you introduce me a place to buy the cheap but also quality sax. Very thanks.

yours sincerely

———————————————————
lisa  from http://www.melodyhome.com/

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

10 years ago

Re: where to buy a cheap but quality sax

It's wonderful that you are so willing to help your fellow exporter of Chinese goods, but the use of a shill makes you both look bad.

Reply To Post

2. by Zhang
    (1 post)

10 years ago

Dear Sir:

I am Matt from China. I have a musical instrument store. I sold saxphones to America for students. Do you know Chamberlin in Idaho?Robert in California? and George jefferson? They are all my customers. I have special sax for student learners. Could you offer information about your son,like age ,time to learn etc.

As the price, 480-600(free shipping) .

Please be sure to contact me : [email protected]

Tel:86-18769715202 

Reply To Post

1. by GFC
      (842 posts)

10 years ago

Hey, I know Bob in California!  He says some awfully nasty things about you....

Reply To Post

2. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

10 years ago

Hey Zhang, asking if we know Chamberlin in Idaho is like asking you if you know Mr. Chang in Shanghai.

Reply To Post

3. by saxgourmet
    (127 posts)

10 years ago

See our Bon Fils model at www.nationofmusic.com

Ir is designed SPECIFICALLY for beginners and young students....no other saxophone has these specific features....see our demonstration videos on our site, and call me with your questions 

STEVE GOODSON
    New Orleans
    www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post

1. by Saxquest
      (420 posts)

10 years ago

Although we specialize in vintage and professional saxophones, we've had a few of these Bon Fils model saxophones come through the Saxquest repair shop from local students in the past. For a student model saxophone, they played well and they have some nice ergonomic design concepts. At $950 for a brand new student alto, its hard to beat!

Cheers,
           Mark Overton
           www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

4. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

10 years ago

I've seen really good deals on Yamaha's Alto Sax yas 23 on Craigs List. They are good quality but priced too high new. Don't pay more than $500..............Kelsey

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Saxquest
      (420 posts)

10 years ago

Kelsey is right for most student saxophones on Craig's List. Yamaha 23's are one of the best when looking for a good used student model saxophone. However, always be aware of the STATE OF REPAIR!!! Condition (both cosmetic and internal) is everything when dealing with anything used.

It may look pretty, but if it needs a $500 overhaul because the pads are shot, you should be trying to buy it for $100-$200 or less........ Most saxes on Craig's List are "as is" meaning they need work. $500 is the top I wouuld pay for any "as is" sax on Craig's List.

However, if its freshly overhauled and you get a copy of the receipt and the warranty is transferable, I'd be comfortable paying up to $750 retail for a good clean, undamaged Yamaha 23. If you're looking at spending any more than $750, you should just make the jump and buy a new sax like the Bon Fils or if your local retailed has a similar student model saxophone. But do your research first and get a second opinion if possible.

Cheers,
           Mark Overton
           www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

10 years ago

Mark, as usual you are right. It would be hard for someone to judge what kind of shape a used sax would be in if they didn't already play sax. Maybe if the seller could play on it (demonstrate) or get some sort of guarantee. YAS are fairly bullet proof but if not careful repairs could run the price up...~)

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by saxygirl12
      (1 post)

10 years ago

Hello Lisa, 
      You are right to find a good deal on a saxaphone, and that is also quality for your son. Saxaphones prices can run real high. And of course, you want a quality one.I am beginning to stock up on inventory on saxaphones on my Amazon Webstore. So far, I have one listed and hope you will become the first buyer. I ship from Dallas, TX, so you will not have to worry about shipping costs from China or other countries.

This is the Link:
      http://amzn.to/1eY92Xm

Support the Arts

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
        (575 posts)

10 years ago

First problem out of the gate, the proper spelling is Sax-O-phone, not Sax-A-phone. Kind of important.

I'm a native of Dallas, and very familiar with the saxophone vendors and Jazz scene there. I've never heard of your "business". Second red flag.

Reply To Post

2. by mattmusic
        (2 posts)

10 years ago

where are you from? and where is your store?

Mattzhang

Reply To Post