Saxophone Forum

by VC1
(1 post)
10 years ago

Cannonball Alto Sax Mouthpiece

So I've been playing my Cannonball Alto Sax for a while now and I was thinking of changing my mouthpiece to one with a more brighter sound. The problem here is that I'm not sure what specific model my current mouthpiece is, nor its facing length or anything like that, all I know is that it came with my sax when I bought it and it has the brand Cannonball on it. Are Cannonball mouthpieces really just Meyer mouthpieces but with the Cannonball name on it? And also how do I know what the facing length of my mouthpiece is? There's only a small letter "C" on the mouthpiece but no number. Anyone have a clue?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by RyanCannonball
    (45 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Cannonball Alto Sax Mouthpiece

The stock Cannonball C alto mouthpiece (model CAM C) is a pro hard rubber mouthpiece with a .067" tip opening designed more for concert band / classical music. Our pro hard rubber CAM 5 (.077") and CAM 5J (.071") mouthpieces are more open and designed to give you a brighter sound with more projection. Many of our artists actually perform & record on their CAM 5 or 5J mouthpieces because they like them so much - give them a try if you have the chance!

Reply To Post