Saxophone Forum

by ChrisL87
(3 posts)
10 years ago

What Antigua Alto Saxophone do I have?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what Antigua Alto Saxophone I have based on the serial number 95662534? My cousin just shipped me her old high school Sax she doesn't use and I really want to get back into playing. I have sent it in to my guy for a complete overhaul. Is it worth keeping or should I sell it? I'm also not sure what level this instrument is... I'm assuming intermediate. My aunt said she paid about $500 for it years ago.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Christopher Ljucovic RN, CCMA, EMT-B

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

10 years ago

Re: What Antigua Alto Saxophone do I have?

It's a student horn.  If the repair costs are reasonable, you might as well keep it while you get your chops back and develop your ideas about what you really want from a saxophone.  Be cautious about how much money you are willing to spend on repairs, because repair costs could easily exceed the value of that horn.  How much work does it really need?  

Reply To Post

1. by ChrisL87
      (3 posts)

10 years ago

Re: What Antigua Alto Saxophone do I have?

Well my friend owns a music store and fixes things up for me where I basically pay for parts... maybe $100? If that. It needs some work, not much. I just want a minor dent removed on the lower inner side of the sax. I was just wondering what model it was so I could look it up online and see what it goes for. I'm planning on getting a Caravan mouthpiece (large chamber) with a Rovner ligature. I prefer a more classical, dark sound. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it back in a few days.

Chris L.

Christopher Ljucovic RN, CCMA, EMT-B

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM