Saxophone Forum

by etseco
(4 posts)
1 year ago

Need Advice

So im wanting to upgrade from my used yas 23 to something else. Im a freshman in highschool. I found the Buffet 400 professional alto and im thinking about getting that one because its not as pricy as a selmer or yamaha. It got good reviews all around. I just want to know if its good sax to have for my grade and if their are any suggestions on what to get

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (823 posts)

1 year ago

Re: Need Advice

If I were you I would look for a used Yamaha yas 62. It's a great all around pro horn. Since you are already a Yamaha player, it would be a smooth transition. The Buffet is a good horn for doing classical music. If you want to do Jazz as well I'd advise against the Buffet.

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by etseco
      (4 posts)

1 year ago

The Yas 62 is a bit too pricy for me. Any other suggestions? I was listening to the buffet 400 on youtube and reviews on youtube. The people were playing jazz and it sounded really good. 

Reply To Post

2. by GFC
    (359 posts)

1 year ago

What exactly is making you want a change from your YAS-23?  Have you considered changing your mouthpiece first?

Reply To Post

1. by etseco
      (4 posts)

1 year ago

It is a rental that i've had since I started and Im wanting to upgrade to a more proffesional horn since this is a begginers horn. Im planning on playing throughout highschool

Reply To Post