Saxophone Forum

by etseco
(4 posts)
10 years ago

Need Advice

So im wanting to upgrade from my used yas 23 to something else. Im a freshman in highschool. I found the Buffet 400 professional alto and im thinking about getting that one because its not as pricy as a selmer or yamaha. It got good reviews all around. I just want to know if its good sax to have for my grade and if their are any suggestions on what to get

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Need Advice

If I were you I would look for a used Yamaha yas 62. It's a great all around pro horn. Since you are already a Yamaha player, it would be a smooth transition. The Buffet is a good horn for doing classical music. If you want to do Jazz as well I'd advise against the Buffet.

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by etseco
      (4 posts)

10 years ago

The Yas 62 is a bit too pricy for me. Any other suggestions? I was listening to the buffet 400 on youtube and reviews on youtube. The people were playing jazz and it sounded really good. 

Reply To Post

2. by GFC
    (842 posts)

10 years ago

What exactly is making you want a change from your YAS-23?  Have you considered changing your mouthpiece first?

Reply To Post

1. by etseco
      (4 posts)

10 years ago

It is a rental that i've had since I started and Im wanting to upgrade to a more proffesional horn since this is a begginers horn. Im planning on playing throughout highschool

Reply To Post