Saxophone Forum

by monk313
(2 posts)
10 years ago

matin tenor sax holton alto

Hi

My grandfather gave me a matin tenor sax and an alto frank holton sax,  fourty years ago to play in school. I just pulled them out of the attic and am looking for some information on them.
The martin is a low pitch serial number 71962 with metal mouthpiece.

The alto is a frank holton serial number 91114 also metal mouth piece, in silver.   
i loved playing the horns as a kid but am not in my 50's  i think they may be worth something.
Thanks in advance for anyh help you can give me

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

10 years ago

Re: matin tenor sax holton alto

Matin? Could you mean Martin?

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by tirambaby77
      (7 posts)

10 years ago

Hello
      i felt so much interested on your profile meanwhile my name is miss Tiram i would like you to contact me on my email id ([email protected]) so that we can get to know each other and also send me your pics. Thanks and hope to hear from you. Tiram

[email protected]

Reply To Post

2. by GFC
    (842 posts)

10 years ago

Assuming you mean "Martin," the serial numbers put the manufacture of both of those horns at 1926.  Your Martin would be the Handcraft model, which could have some value depending on condition.  There is very little interest in old Holtons, and for good reason.

Checking closed listings on eBay for similar horns in similar condition is a good way to get a start on estimating its private sale value.  If your Martin Handcraft lacks a front F key, it might not generate as much interest from players as the ones with one.

Reply To Post

1. by tirambaby77
      (7 posts)

10 years ago

Hello
      i felt so much interested on your profile meanwhile my name is miss Tiram i would like you to contact me on my email id ([email protected]) so that we can get to know each other and also send me your pics. Thanks and hope to hear from you. Tiram

[email protected]

Reply To Post

3. by tirambaby77
    (7 posts)

10 years ago

Hello

[email protected]

Reply To Post