Saxophone Forum

by leigh
(3 posts)
10 years ago

Selmer Bundy Tenor Sax

I have an opportunity to purchase a Selmer Bundy Tenor Sax which has a serial number of 28226 and seems to be in good working order.

How much should I pay for this instrument? 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Selmer Bundy Tenor Sax

Those can be worth a few hundred in top condition.  They're good student horns.  If you can, get somebody who knows saxophones to check out its condition and playability.

Reply To Post

2. by leigh
    (3 posts)

10 years ago

Here are another two images.

The sax seems to be in really good condition. 

Reply To Post

1. by GFC
      (842 posts)

10 years ago

Yes, it looks really nice.  That fancy bell engraving is unusual for a Bundy.  I'll bet it's a really early one.  If it's as good as it looks, it's a top dollar one. Maybe top dollar plus a little because of the distinctive engraving. The neck design looks like that of the "Series IV" Aristocrats that Buescher produced until they were bought out by Selmer in 1963.  The lacquer looks like it's hardly worn at all after 50+ years.  My guess is that it's been well cared for.  It looks like there's a ding on the neck.  The condition of the pads is the big question.  Repadding a horn is not cheap.  Mechanical tightness is another issue with older horns, but I'm going to punt a guess that it's ok because the horn has been so well cared for.

Reply To Post

1. by leigh
        (3 posts)

10 years ago

Thanks for the information.

Reply To Post

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
          (644 posts)

10 years ago

I also agree with my many years of saxophone resoration, this looks to basically be a Buescher Aristicrat with stencil engraving. I would buy such a horn and expect to get in the 550 to 650 range easily when it is set up nicely.

Reply To Post