Saxophone Forum

by NickelPlated
(20 posts)
20 years ago

*=---****?-ARE MAXTONE SAXOPHONES ANY GOOD?-?***---=*

Hi. I am a rookie to saxquest, and i just recently ordered a Maxtone Alto Sax (nickel - Plated)online. It looks really nice and all, but i wanna know how they are. Please help me out*** Ive heard some people say theyre awesome, and a few say they arent so good.. ****Please give me your opinion or others about them******

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by dary519
    (6 posts)

16 years ago

Re: *=---****?-ARE MAXTONE SAXOPHONES ANY GOOD?-?***---=*

These are actually made with P. Mauriat parts...Really! Shhh, just dont tell anyone. Yes, basically a P. Mauriat...

Reply To Post

1. by dary519
      (6 posts)

16 years ago

Update- Did ALOT of research on the new maxtones. The high end models are made in Taiwan (same a p. mauriat factory). The low ends are made in china (not that good). I bought the SX-55A (copper) Same , identical as the p.mauriats for Half the price! (1300.00) Awesome horns. peace!

Reply To Post

2. by NickelPlated
    (20 posts)

20 years ago

^^And By the way:^^

By the way, this alto's actual value is $1400. Thats just another little heads-up to if its good or not. ^^^***THanks everyone****^^^

Reply To Post

3. by allie
    (7 posts)

19 years ago

hiya ive been looking at maxtone sax's too do u no what there like to play? i havnt really heard of them before.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

send the horn back, and get a Yamaha.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

send the horn back, and get a Yamaha.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by allie
        (7 posts)

19 years ago

if your going to be spending that much money on a soprano why not buy a yani.

Reply To Post

1. by allie
          (7 posts)

19 years ago

Are Rohyun sax's any gd?

does anyone no i havnt rele heard of them

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Are Rohyun sax's any gd?

Stick to brands that you've heard of. there are so many different brands now. Many of them are stencils made by the same factory and sold under a different name. Some of them named after famous players, or with names similar to those you might have heard of before, but don't be fooled. Most of these are not worth the cost of shipping! A saxophone is a very complex precision made instrument; or at least it should be. There is a lot of detail and craftsmanship involved. You can't expect that kind of workmanship from 14 year old kids in China or Taiwan! Even a student model sax worth playing will run you $500 used. If you find one cheaper, plan on spending another $350 or more to have it repadded and properly set up. If you paid less than $500 for a sax in good playing condition, consider yourself lucky! A new student model sax will cost you $1200 or more. An intermediate model will run $2000 and pro models $3000 or more; up to $8500. This is NOT a cheap instrument! If you're looking for something under $300, I would suggest buying a guitar!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

3. by NickelPlated
          (20 posts)

19 years ago

hmm

well im not even gonna play sax now lol im into an online game called runescape...anyone here play it before?

Reply To Post

4. by NickelPlated
          (20 posts)

19 years ago

hmm

well im not even gonna play sax now lol im into an online game called runescape...anyone here play it before?

Reply To Post

5. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

16 years ago

Re: hmm

damn! another promising young musician seduced away from the art by a rpg..whadareya gonna do?

Reply To Post